Freedom Day For Our Martial Arts Family!
We are very much looking forward to re-opening tomorrow (freedom day!) with our first martial arts class being Wing Chun Kung Fu at 12.15pm, 6pm, then 7.15pm.
Monday at 6pm is fully booked so please look into either the 7.15pm or midday class. The rest of the week’s classes are filling up too, so please book in asap to secure your spot.
Only 20 people can participate in each class but we can have almost double that in the kwoon itself. So if you have missed out on booking your preferred class and that’s the only time you can train, you can come in to do your own thing.
Current rules for training under COVID restricted conditions in Sydney are:
- 1.5m physical distancing – we will be primarily doing solo drills in class. This includes BJJ.
- Focus mitts, pool noodles and kick shields may be used. Take one set of mitts per person (rather than one set between partners) where possible.
- Pick your partner and stick with them for the duration of the class.
- Use your own 16 oz gloves and other protective gear. If you don’t have your own…. WHY??? We do supply protective equipment. Some we currently have in stock, some you may need to pre-order.
- Clean whatever equipment you used aat the end class please!
- Sparring classes will need to be cancelled for 2 weeks, sorry everyone…
- Both doors at the Kwoon entry and the rear door must be open during class times, if you notice a door is closed please open it.
- Fans need to be on during class times and TURNED OFF once training is over – again if you notice any fans left on at closing time please turn them off or notify the instructor.
- Face masks do need to be worn whilst training indoors at this stage.
- Please Temp Check when you arrive (over 37.5 is a high temperature) and check in using the QR code and confirm your class attendance on Clubworx.
- If you have forgotten your phone only then do you need to manually sign in using the log sheet.
- Wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitiser provided
- If you feel unwell please stay at home and get tested.
- At this stage, if you are 16 yrs or over you need to be fully vaccinated to train.
- Please email your Vaccination Certificate (screen shots are fine) so that we can note in your membership file that it has been sighted. If you have done this already, thank you! You don’t need to do it again.
- Where possible, arrive ready to train and/or shower and change back into your civilian clothes at home.
- Please don’t expect us to bend any rules the government has put upon us, we cannot compromise the Kwoon.
We understand if all of these rules frustrate you, it’s just a matter of time now before we can train with masks off, drill together start sparring again. BJJ tragics… it’s only 4 classes of solo drills and BJJ specific conditioning… you can do it!!!
Thank you everyone!
See you Monday!